Mission, Vision and Values
Our mission; achieve growth by being socially focussed, customer centred and commercially driven.
Since we were established over 30 years ago, we have sought to put social change, social benefit and community involvement at the heart of what we do.
In that time, we have created a sustainable, socially responsible business. We use our customer deposits to reinvest in other organisations and help create social change.
Our vision; Unity will be the bank of choice for the trade union and social economy movements.
We are committed to enabling social development and supporting community involvement. We are passionate about helping our customers achieve their goals in the development of communities and in the people that they support. We do this by making banking simple for them and by providing financial and practical support for events.
- We behave with respect and integrity and value teamwork
- We treat customers fairly and are open, honest and transparent in our dealings with them
- We are customer centred
- We focus on solutions and deliver on our promises
- We are committed to enabling social development and supporting community involvement
- We will deliver our shareholder goals
Having a clear social goal supported by strong beliefs around social inclusion and acceptance, it is important to us that our customers share similar visions, which include:
- Be inclusive of all regardless of race, religion, gender, disability or sexual orientation
- Respect and value human rights
- Be accepting and respectful of other peoples views and opinions and not use these to disadvantage or intimidate them
- Support the formal organisation of labour within the workplace
- Not directly support the manufacture of arms/explosives through their business activity
We aim to become one of the best companies to work for by creating an open and supportive culture and developing a talented and diverse workforce which works together to make Unity a success.
We aspire to make Unity a place where people:
- Can really make a difference
- Feel confident and capable
- Feel engaged, supported and committed
- Are encourage to be flexible and innovative
- Feel valued and rewarded
- Work together and share knowledge
- Continually learn and develop
- Put our customers at the heart of everything we do