We understand that some organisations will need to make and receive foreign payments, we currently provide that service through an external agent, the different payment options are detailed below.
There are two ways to make a foreign payment:
You can make overseas payments in most major currencies. Funds will be credited to the beneficiary’s bank within 3 to 5 working days.
By making a payment in the currency of your beneficiary’s account, you will know the exchange rate applied. If you choose to make the payment in sterling, we will not be able to predict the exchange rate the overseas bank will use.
To make a transfer overseas download the following form – Transfer of Funds Overseas Form.
All sections of the form should be completed and the original should be signed in accordance with your mandate and posted to us at Unity Trust Bank, FREEPOST BM513, Nine Brindleyplace, Birmingham B1 2HB. Please ensure that the form is completed with the beneficiary’s details as failure to complete the form correctly could delay the process of sending your funds.
These are cheques which are made payable to a named beneficiary in all major currencies. Drafts will be sent directly to you within three to five working days.
To request a form to order a foreign banker’s draft please call us on 0345 140 1000 or download the form here – Issue of Overseas Draft.
You can accept foreign payments either by cheque or transfer.
Foreign cheques can take between one and six weeks to be credited to your account. If you are expecting a payment and would like to find out how long it may take please call us on 0345 140 1000.
To receive a payment in a foreign currency or from abroad, by transfer directly into your account, you should inform the payee of the following:
- Your account number
- Your sort code
- Our IBAN number: GB93NWBK60023571418024
- Our BIC code: NWBKGB2L
Important information about our Foreign services
- Here are the charges for our Foreign Services
- Foreign services are provided through either Co-Operative Bank or Western Union, and the fee charged includes their charge for providing the service in addition to our charge for processing your request. This fee will be debited to your account as a separate item
- Please note that we can only advise foreign exchange rates when we have received your original completed paperwork (we are unable to accept faxed requests)
- Your account with Unity will be debited with the sterling equivalent of your foreign transfer, together with any associated fees, on the day we process your request
- From time to time, there may be additional charges made by foreign banks, relating to foreign payments, over which we have no control. These may be passed on to you when advised to us. We will notify you of the charges before we debit your account