Unity is a commercial bank with a difference; we lend to organisations and businesses who help create a better society.
Established over 30 years ago with a vision to create a bank that would serve the needs of its customers and enrich society, our purpose is to help organisations to prosper and contribute to economic, community and environmental change. Our lending helps to create and protect jobs, and supports the development of community facilities and care provision.
Here are some of the highlights of our 2018 performance:
- £125.8m in lending provided (£96.3m for the whole of 2017)
- 962 jobs created and protected
- 597 bed spaces created and renovated
- 140 community facilities provided
- Staff volunteered 169 days and donated £7,332 to good causes
- 57% women in Executive Committee
Read more about our social impact here: