Running Your Account
Banking with Unity is simple and straight forward and we listen to customer feedback in order to improve our services. To help you make the most of your account, below is further information and useful tips. You can also find a list of relevant forms to help you run your account efficiently.
No branches – no problem
We have designed our Telephone banking service so that you do not have to be a signatory to gain general account information including:
- Obtaining a balance
- Checking a payment
- Stopping cheques.
Our telephone lines are open Monday-Friday 8:30am-5pm for customer services call 0345 140 1000.
We provide a safe and easy to use Internet Banking service allowing you access and manage your account at a time and place that suits you. Our internet banking service has the ability to:
- Set different access and authority levels for users
- Define payment limits for the organisation and individual users
- Set up and amend direct debits and standing orders
- Make internal transfers
- Make payments via faster payments, plus many more features
Paying In Cash
There are two ways you can pay cash into your account, these are:
- You can go to your local NatWest (England and Wales), RBS (Scotland) or Ulster Bank (Northern Ireland) branch with a paying in slip
- Setting up a Post Office® Cash Account card. This will require you to assign a Post Office convenient to you.
Charges may apply
There are two ways you can withdraw cash from your account, these are:
- Applying for an ALTO prepaid MasterCard® – this allows you to load funds from your account onto the card and withdraw cash from an ATM for a small fee
- Setting up an encashment facility at your local NatWest (England and Wales), RBS (Scotland) or Ulster Bank (Northern Ireland) branch.
Charges may apply
Paying in Cheques
We provide all customers with FREEPOST envelopes to deposit cheques, these cheques will be sent directly to our clearing centre preventing any delay in getting the funds into your account. To request additional envelopes Contact Us.
You can also pay in cheques at your local NatWest (England and Wales), RBS (Scotland) or Ulster Bank (Northern Ireland) branch with a paying in slip. Charges may apply for this service.
Unity has received notification from The Co-operative Bank and HSBC that our customers will no longer be able to use their counter services to deposit funds or cash cheques bearing the new 60-83-01 sort code. The Bank will contact customers shortly to make alternative arrangements.
Making changes to your account
If you wish to change the address of your organisation all you need to do is send us a letter stating the new address and ensure the letter is signed in accordance with your mandate.
You may also need to add or remove a signatory, telephone user or internet banking user, you can do this by simply completing the relevant form.
Opening additional accounts
We understand that you may need to open additional accounts, if all the details and signatories are the same you can send a letter stating the name of the additional account and ensure the letter is signed in accordance with your mandate.
Alternatively, if the details are changing please complete a new account application form.
Closing your Unity account
You may need to close your Unity account, in order to do this you will need to send a letter signed in accordance with your mandate to us stating the name of the account you wish to close and details of where you would like the outstanding balances redirected to.
We have put together a leaflet to assist you in putting in place the internal controls to assess, prevent and detect the risk of your organisation being affected by fraud.
Download the leaflet for more information – Fraud Awareness
For customers who choose to produce your own, personalised stationery (paying-in books, cheque books etc.), we recommend that you ask your agency/printer which format they would prefer to use and then download the appropriate file from this dedicated page.
- Internet Banking Application Form
- Telephone Banking Application Form
- Change of Signatory Request Form
- Post Office Paying-In Facility Application
- ALTO Request for top up Form
- Transfer of Funds Overseas Form
- Issue of Overseas Draft Form
- Removal of Signatory, User or Corporate Cardholder
- Encashment Facility Application
- Account consolidation / closure form