Looking to make foreign payments? Unity Trust Bank currently offers this service through an external agent. The different payment options are listed below.
You can make overseas payments in most major currencies. Funds will be credited to the beneficiary’s bank within five working days.
To make a transfer overseas download the following form – Transfer of Funds Overseas Form.
All sections of the form should be completed and the original should be signed in accordance with your mandate. You can then fax your form to us on 0345 113 0003, scan the document and email it to email@example.com or post to us at Unity Trust Bank, PO Box 7193, Planetary Road, Willenhall, WV1 9DG.
Please ensure that the form is completed with the beneficiary’s details as failure to complete the form correctly could delay the process of sending your funds. When we process your form, we may call you back to confirm payment details.
These are cheques which are made payable to a named beneficiary in all major currencies. Drafts will be sent directly to you within three to five working days.
To request a form to order a foreign banker’s draft please call us on 0345 140 1000 or download the form here – Issue of Overseas Draft.
You can accept foreign payments either by cheque or transfer.
Foreign cheques can take between ten days and eight weeks to be credited to your account. If you are expecting a payment and would like to find out how long it may take please call us on 0345 140 1000.
To receive a payment in a foreign currency or from abroad, by transfer directly into your account, you should inform the payee of the following:
- Your account name
- Your account number
- Your sort code
- Our IBAN number: GB93NWBK60023571418024
- Our BIC code: NWBKGB2L
Important information about Unity Foreign services
- Here are the charges for our foreign services: Full Service Tariff – 11th August
- All foreign payments and transactions are undertaken for us by third party agents, and the type of foreign service will determine which agent we use. The fee shown includes their charge for providing the service in addition to our charge for processing your request. This fee will be debited to your account as a separate item.
- Please note that we can only advise foreign exchange rates after processing your original paperwork.
- Your account with Unity will be debited with the sterling equivalent of your foreign transfer, together with any associated fees, on the day we process your request.
- From time to time there may be additional charges made by foreign banks, relating to foreign payments, over which we have no control. These may be passed on to you when advised to us. We will notify you of the charges before we debit your account.
Switching made simple
By switching your bank account to Unity you’ll be helping to create a better society. You’ll also benefit from 24/7 access to your account using our Internet Banking service.
Our free account switcher service makes the process as easy as possible:
- We’ll close your existing account for you.
- We contact your existing bank for a list of your Direct Debit and Standing Order payments for the account you’re switching from.
- You select the accounts you want us to move to us.
Switch to us
How we make a difference
We are a bank established to serve the needs of our customers and enrich society as a whole. We work with organisations that aim to have a positive impact on society through economic, community or social change.
Our people support charities and communities through our ‘Unity in the Community’ (UitC) programme. The Unity team is actively involved in volunteering and fundraising events organised throughout the year. Good causes are nominated by our people to receive donations.
To find out more about how we make a difference – view our Social Impact 2016