Coming soon – Bulk Faster Payments
With our Bulk Faster Payments facility, you can make multiple bill payments through Internet Banking quickly and easily and reduce the admin time for processing your online payments.
If you would like to use Bulk Faster Payments, you can simply upload a CSV file containing multiple payments for existing and new beneficiaries. Alternatively, you can use our Create Bulk Payment File option to create a batch of multiple payments by selecting your existing beneficiaries on screen and keying in the payment details.
If you need to set up multiple new beneficiaries to pay at a later date, you can also do this quickly and easily by using our Bulk Beneficiary file upload.
Bulk Faster Payments is currently only available to selected customers – if you would like to find out more or pre-register ahead of the full product launch in Autumn 2021, please complete a contact us form.
To read our guides on the layout and information needed when uploading files for either Bulk Faster Payments or Bulk Beneficiaries, please select an option below:
Formatting guide for Bulk Faster Payments Upload:
The following guide shows the layout and information needed when you are uploading files for Bulk Faster Payments.
When uploading Bulk Faster Payments, you will need to ensure that the file is CSV delimited, and that you do not add any header rows. The guide below shows you the type of information to add to each column, along with an example of a completed file:
In your Bulk Faster Payments CSV file, please make sure:
- You haven’t include a header row
- The date format is dd/mm/yyyy·
- Any specified future dates do not fall on a weekend or bank holiday
- Pence values in the amount are specified as two digits following the decimal point – for example ten pounds is 10.00
- There are no commas in your beneficiary name, reference or amount columns
- You haven’t included any quote marks (“)
- The file format is .csv (not .xls or .xlsx) with a character delimiter or comma ‘,’
- Full beneficiary account number and sort code are shown
- There are no more than 100 payments per file
Frequently Asked Questions
Here’s a selection of our FAQs. You can see the full list here.
Q: When will Bulk Faster Payments be available?
A: Bulk Faster Payments is due to launch in Autmn 2021. If you would like to pre-register, please complete a contact us form and we’ll be in touch once the date is confirmed.
Q: How do I register for the Bulk Faster Payments service?
A: Following the Bulk Faster Payments full launch, you will then be able to log into Internet Banking and select Bulk Payments Registration from the left-hand menu. You must be an Internet Banking administrator for your organisation to register.
Q: How do I set up or change my organisation’s internet banking administrator?
A: You can add a new administrator or change existing access levels on our Account Management form: https://www.unity.co.uk/update-your-details/
Q: How can I upload a bulk Faster Payments file?
· Step 1. Go to the ‘Bulk Payments’ tab and select ‘File upload’ from the left-hand menu.
· Step 2. Click ‘Choose a file’ and select your saved payment file
· Step 3. Click ‘Upload’
· Step 4: Review payment details on the next screen and click ‘Continue’ to confirm
If your organisation has dual or triple authority your file will need to be authorised before it is processed.
Q: How long do Bulk Faster Payments take to be processed?
A: We send three faster payment files throughout each working day. The cut-off times for these files occur at 10am, 12noon and 3pm. Once your account has been debited, the beneficiary will usually receive your payment that same day. Any payments made after 3pm will be received the next working day.