As a bank for social impact we put our customers at the heart of everything we do. To ensure that we remain customer focussed we invest in our staff so we all share in the success of the organisation. Unity Trust Bank holds IIP Silver and is the first bank to be Living Wage accredited.
If you are interested in working for a different type of bank get in touch today via firstname.lastname@example.org or see below for any current vacancies.
Company Secretarial Assistant
Based in Birmingham (Band 2)
Salary Range: £22,282 – £27,853 per annum (dependent on experience)
Unity Trust Bank brings a fresh approach to banking. As a specialist bank for civil society, social enterprises, CICs, local councils, and trade unions we support our customers with socially-responsible banking services. And because we’re a social enterprise too, we really understand the sectors our customers work in.
Since our formation in 1984, our vision has been to deliver a range of banking services that set us apart from mainstream banks. Today, that vision continues to become reality as we lead the way in the development of new initiatives which are changing the face of banking for the better.
Since we were established we have sought to put social change, social benefit and community involvement at the heart of what we do. In that time, we have created a sustainable, socially responsible business. We use some of our profits to re-invest in our business to help more organisations in the future. The remaining profits are returned to our shareholders who are part of UK civil society.
We now have an exciting opportunity for a full time permanent Company Secretarial Assistant.
To maintain the statutory registers of the Bank. To prepare regulatory notifications and returns. To support the Company Secretary in servicing the Bank’s Committees and Employee Benefit Trust Board, including minute taking. To assist with any other projects or tasks as directed by the Company Secretary.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To maintain the statutory registers of the Bank, including processing share transfers and making updates following the appointments and resignations of directors.
- To prepare the annual return and ad hoc notifications required to be sent to Companies House and the Bank’s Regulators in line with statutory/regulatory deadlines.
- To assist the Company Secretary with preparation of the Annual Report and Accounts.
- To assist the Company Secretary in preparing routine Board and committee reports.
- To assist the Company Secretary with the distribution of Board and Committee papers to Directors before meetings.
- The preparation of Committee and subsidiary minutes.
- To support the Company Secretary in identifying and interpreting new legal requirements or best practice guidance which may impact on the work of the Secretariat.
- To assist with other tasks and projects as directed by the Company Secretary.
To be successful in this role you will:
- Be a Part Qualified Chartered Secretary or prepared to undertake the ICSA
- Have experience of Minute taking
- Have excellent attention to detail
- Have excellent written and verbal communication
- Be able to work to deadlines
- Have a desire to develop skills and experience, working towards taking on a Company Secretary role in the future
- Be highly organised
- Be able to work under own initiative
- Be able to work in a team
- Have integrity
If you are interested in applying for this position please send your CV and covering letter stating your current basic salary and outlining why you think you are suitable for this role:
By email to: email@example.com
Post to: Human Resources, Unity Trust Bank plc, Nine Brindleyplace, Birmingham, B1 2HB.
Closing date for applications: Friday 20th February 2015
Unity Trust Bank is committed to being an Equal Opportunities Employer.