Unity Trust Bank is shortlisted as Excellence in Responsible Business finalistAnnouncements Published: August 9, 2021 3:11 pm
Unity Trust Bank is delighted to have been shortlisted in the Excellence in Responsible Business category at the 2021 Greater Birmingham Chamber of Commerce Annual Awards.
Sponsored by Birmingham City Council, Birmingham City University and Inspired Energy, the awards celebrate the success of businesses across the region and were live-streamed from Chamber House in Edgbaston on July 27.
Headquartered in Brindleyplace, Unity is a socially motivated commercial bank whose purpose is to help businesses and organisations to prosper while contributing to positive economic, community and environmental change.
More about Unity Trust Bank:
- Our values are aligned with the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals – a globally recognised framework to ensure a better future for everyone.
- All of our customer loans are assessed on the positive impact they have on society; from job creation and educational training to health care provision and social housing.
- We also ensure that our values are embedded in the heart of our company culture and incorporated into our procurement and supplier management processes.
- We actively measure and analyse our carbon and environmental impact and hold a Bronze Standard Carbon Literacy accreditation.
- We’re proud to have signed the Time to Change pledge, be a signatory of the HM Treasury Women in Finance Charter, hold the Investors in People Gold Standard and be a Disability Confident employer.
- We were the first bank to be accredited as a Living Wage Employer and the first to achieve the Fair Tax Mark.
- We offer our employees up to five days’ paid leave every year to support local organisations and in 2020, despite the challenges of the pandemic, colleagues engaged in 148 volunteering days. Our employee-led ‘Unity in the Community’ initiative also donated £13,500 to good causes.
Unity was shortlisted alongside Creative Active Lives, E-Bike Brum, Fareshare Midlands, Lapal Canal Trust, Legionella and Fire Sage Services, Sustainability West Midlands and Wesleyan.
View all news