Careers at Unity
Marketing Officer FTC - Maternity Cover
Based in Birmingham (Band 2)
Salary Range: £24,857 - £31,071 per annum (dependent on experience)
Unity Trust Bank brings a fresh approach to banking. As a specialist bank for civil society, social enterprises, CICs, local councils, and trade unions, we support our customers with socially-responsible banking services. And because we’re a social enterprise too, we really understand the sectors our customers work in.
Since our formation in 1984, our vision has been to deliver a range of banking services that set us apart from mainstream banks. Today, that vision continues to become reality as we lead the way in the development of new initiatives which are changing the face of banking for the better.
Since we were established we have sought to put social change, social benefit and community involvement at the heart of what we do. In that time, we have created a sustainable, socially responsible business. We use some of our profits to re-invest in our business to help more organisations in the future. The remaining profits are returned to our shareholders who are part of UK civil society.
We now have an exciting opportunity for an ambitious and driven Marketing Officer to join our Marketing Team for a period of 9 – 12 months.
Activities will involve print, digital, above and below the line, as well as social media, and the role provides an ideal opportunity for someone to gain exposure to all aspects as part of a varied portfolio.
The Marketing Officer will help deliver the Bank’s strategic sales and marketing plan. Main duties and responsibilities include:
- support delivery of all marketing activities in accordance with the Sales and Marketing plan, including management of all aspects of specific marketing campaigns, events and activities from conception through to completion.
- understand the markets in which the Bank operates and use this knowledge to inform and advise colleagues and to create appropriate strategies to enhance the Bank’s proposition in the market
- take responsibility for originating, developing and delivering marketing strategies, campaigns and initiatives.
- maintain and ensure on-going relevance of their knowledge of the regulatory and market practices of our sector, to make sure that the Bank’s activities are compliant and appropriate with regulation and custom
- undertake market research and analysis, and establish data management and tracking systems to improve the Bank’s marketing campaigns and activities.
- foster and maintain positive relationships within the Bank and with its stakeholders and suppliers.
- represent the Bank at various customer and business meetings, events and conferences; provides marketing input and collaborates on projects with other colleagues
- support and co-ordinate public relations activities (in and outside normal hours) as and when appropriate and ensure media relations are handled in a consistent and controlled manner
- manage, maintain and initiate written procedures and processes that document marketing activities in a clear and consistent manner
- ensure all expenditure is approved, monitored and kept within budget,
- undertake ad hoc activities which are required from time to time to support the Bank’s objectives.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Experience within an advertising agency or marketing department within a complex, regulated marketing sector.
- Good organisational skills with the ability to plan ahead and to meet multiple conflicting deadlines.
- Experience of briefing and managing creative agencies including the ability to write a brief and evaluate output against that brief.
- Experience of agreeing campaign objectives and KPIs and including the ability to set up appropriate monitoring techniques and report to the business.
- Experience of running social media campaigns.
- Experienced in management of direct marketing campaigns and working with sales team colleagues to support delivery of sales objectives (internal briefing and communications).
- Good stakeholder management – specifically the ability to understand marketing priorities and to evaluate requests for marketing collateral from around the business.
- Attention to detail.
- Some knowledge of the social economy sector would be an advantage.
- Working knowledge of financial services regulatory requirements (relevant to marketing communications).
- Strong written communication skills – ability to write copy when required, evaluate and proof read copy and to write concise and well structured internal communications.
If you are interested in applying for this position please send CV and covering letter stating your current basic salary and outlining why you think you are suitable for this role:
By email to: email@example.com
Post to: Human Resources
Unity Trust Bank plc
Birmingham, B1 2HB.
Closing date for applications: Thursday 27th November 2014
Unity Trust Bank is committed to being an Equal Opportunities Employer.