Our dedicated new accounts team will make sure that opening your account with Unity is as simple and straight forward as possible.
There are just three steps to open your bank account with Unity:
Download the application form below. Take a look at the guide notes before printing and complete the relevant sections. If you have any questions about completing the form please call 0345 155 3355 and a member of our new accounts team will be happy to help you.
Once you have completed the application form, ensure that all appropriate sections have been signed. Please ensure that you include all relevant certified governing documents, as outlined in the application checklist within the application form. Remember to enclose a cheque (made payable to the full name of your organisation) for a minimum of £10 in respect of your initial deposit.
The documents below set out our terms and conditions and provide background information to the account opening process, as well as setting out our fees and charges.
Finally, send the form and complete set of information to:
Freepost - BM 513
Unity Trust Bank Plc
What happens next
- As long as you have completed all relevant sections of the application form and enclosed the appropriate certified governing documents to confirm your organisation's legal status (as outlined in the application checklist within the application form), we will set up your account and confirm this in writing by sending you a Welcome Pack.
- After receipt of your application, we may contact to ask you for further clarification on the information that you have supplied on the form. We may also ask you to supply further, detailed information, especially about your finances and how you will be funded. If you have any questions before submitting the form, please call our Central Development team on 0845 155 3355.
- We will contact you within two working days to confirm that you have received your Welcome Pack, at which point we will activate your account and order your account stationery (e.g. paying in book and cheque book, if applicable). We will also set up your Internet Banking facility, if you completed the Internet Banking section on your application form.
- If you have decided to transfer your account(s) from another bank, and have completed the Account Transfer Request (page 12 of the application form), we will request from your previous bankers any existing Direct Debit and standing orders to be transferred to your new account. Whilst we will make every effort to ensure that this happens efficiently and smoothly, we are in the hands of your existing bankers.
- We will contact you with the list of all of your Direct Debits and standing orders to confirm which of these should be transferred to your new Unity account. Upon receipt of your authority we will advise the beneficiaries of your new account details.
If you require further information about Unity's products and services please call our customer services team on 0345 140 1000, email firstname.lastname@example.org.