Unity Trust Bank signs Time to Change Employer PledgeBlogs Published: September 5, 2019 9:56 am
Unity Trust Bank will sign the Time to Change Employer Pledge on 5th September 2019 to show commitment to our employees.
The Time to Change Employer Pledge is funded by department of health and aims to raise awareness of mental health in the workplace. Unity are committed to supporting those who suffer from mental health illnesses in the workplace, as well as changing the perception around mental health to back the time to change initiative.
Unity has developed an action plan which includes:
– Appointing two Mental Health First Aiders
– Providing training and guidance to our managers to equip them to have conversations about mental health
– Creation of Wellness Action Plan (WAP) for line managers to identify and manage work-related stress
– ‘This is me’ campaign- welcoming employees to share personal stories about their mental health and offer advice to others
– Reviewing key people policies
Through these actions we want to promote an open and sympathetic culture where people feel comfortable openly talking about their mental health and line managers understand better how to support their teams.
View all news