Unity is a commercial bank with a difference; we only lend to organisations and businesses who help create a better society.
Established over 30 years ago with a vision to create a bank that would serve the needs of its customers and enrich society, our purpose is to help organisations to prosper and contribute to economic, community and environmental change. Our lending helps to create and protect jobs, and supports the development of community facilities and care provision.
Here are some of the highlights of our 2017 performance:
- £96.3m in lending provided (£76.9m for the whole of 2016)
- 107 loans provided (compared to 66 for the whole of 2016)
- 715 jobs created and protected
- 567 bed spaces created and renovated
- 30 community facilities provided
- Staff volunteered 209 days and donated £6,077 to good causes
- 54 organisations supported through ‘Unity in the Community’
- 60% women in Executive Committee
Read more about our social impact here: