Clarendon Mews Care Limited
- Organisation Name: Clarendon Mews Care Limited
- Region: East Midlands
Clarendon Mews Care Limited is a family-run residential home located in the heart of Leicester with an “Outstanding” rating in caring. Specialising in dementia and challenging behaviour, they aim to provide exceptional care, love and affection to all residents, enabling a fulfilling and enriching stay.
The team at Clarendon Mews believe in giving choice and autonomy to residents, families and staff alike, and ensure hat individuals that use the service lead a full and active lifestyle.
By opening a current account for day-to-day banking and transactions, coupled with a long-term loan from Unity Trust Bank, Clarendon Mews were able to purchase an existing care home that needed a new breath of life and complete a full refurbishment to allow them to continue to provide the high standard of care their clients deserve.
The refurbishment included:
- Replacing carpets with non-slip laminate flooring inside and astroturf outside for safe activities
- Installing new environmentally-friendly lighting to aid those with impaired vision
- Upgraded bedroom decor
- The building of a ‘memory cafe’ which simulates a British cafe, rooftop terrace, BBQ, outdoor decking and fine dining areas
- Creating a fully fledged GP room so residents can be seen with dignity and respect
Abbas Alidina, Director of Clarenden Mews has many ideas for the future, including sensory rooms and a harvest system. He commented on his experience using Unity:
“Unity Trust Bank provides fantastic customer service with personal relationship managers that support you every step of the way.”