Internet Banking allows you to stay in control of your finances. By having instant access to your accounts, you can manage your cash flow, amend and stop standing orders and Direct Debits, make payments and stop cheques.
You and your colleagues can be in different parts of the country and work different hours - whatever the situation, with our Internet Banking service you have access to your finances 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Unity's Internet Banking service has been developed to offer a wide range of benefits:
- Free to set up
- Option of single, dual or triple authority
- Different levels of access available to different users
- Secure and confidential banking
- Instant banking 24 hours a day, seven days a week
Unity's Internet Banking Service allows greater flexibility by providing different levels of access:
- Authorise only
- View only
- View and submit
- View and authorise
- View, submit and authorise
- Check balances and statements
- Set-up and pay bills online with dual authority
- Transfer money between your accounts
- Set-up and cancel Standing Orders with dual authority
- Check and cancel Direct Debits
- Stop cheques
- Download data into various file formats, for use with account packages such as Quicken and Sage
- View payments into or out of your accounts
To apply for Internet Banking please click here. Alternatively, if you have any questions about this service please look at our FAQs or call a member of our team on 0345 140 1000 to discuss how Internet Banking can benefit your organisation.
"We recommend that charities banking online use a dual authorisation system. One example of a multiple authorisation system is the Internet Banking service developed by Unity Trust Bank, which has a 'dual authority' or 'triple authority' option. With these options one user submits a transaction and one or two additional users will then authorise it."
Extract from CC8
Internal Financial Controls for Charities