- How long will it take to open a new account?
- How can I pay funds into my account?
- How are my deposits protected?
- How do I apply to access my accounts through your Internet Banking service?
- How secure is the telephone banking facility and how do I add an employee?
- What happens if there is a change in our signatories?
- Can I view my statements online?
- How can I contact you?
- How can the ALTO card help me manage my day to day expenses?
From receipt of your application and required documentation, the majority of accounts can be opened within five working days. The steps are as follows:
As long as you have completed all relevant sections of the application form and enclosed the appropriate certified governing documents to confirm your organisation's legal status we will set up your account and confirm this in writing by sending you a Welcome Pack.
We will contact you within two working days to confirm that you have received your Welcome Pack, at which point we will activate your account and order your account stationery (e.g. paying in book and cheque book, if applicable). We will also set up your Internet Banking facility, if you completed the Internet Banking section on your application form.
If you have decided to transfer your account(s) from another bank, and have completed the Account Transfer Request we will request from your previous bankers any existing Direct Debit and Standing Orders to be transferred to your new account. Whilst we will make every effort to ensure that this happens efficiently and smoothly, we are in the hands of your existing bankers.
We will contact you with the list of all of your Direct Debits and Standing Orders to confirm which of these should be transferred to your new Unity account. Upon receipt of your authority we will advise the beneficiaries of your new account details.
- Although we have no branches, you can nominate a high street bank to deposit and withdraw funds. Some banks do not offer these facilities so we ask you to nominate two options and we will do our best to set up this facility at your first choice. Alternatively, we can provide you with Freepost envelopes so that you can send cheques direct to our clearing centre.
- If you have sent your cheques through the post, using our prepaid envelope service, the first day of clearing will start once our processing centre has received the cheques. If you have chosen to use our Girobank service and have paid your cheques into a Post Office, this process may take longer to be credited to your account than any other method.
- Unity Trust Bank is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority and our business is conducted according to regulatory codes and subject to due supervision and our eligible claimants are covered by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme. More details on the scheme can be found here.
- You can apply to access your accounts via our Internet Banking Service at any time. You can learn more about the Internet Banking Service and watch a demo within the Other services page on our website.
- Our Telephone Banking facility protects your account by using unique passwords to access account information. Telephone Banking can allow your employees, who are not signatories, but who require access to financial information on the account. Any employee would need to be verified and approved by the signatories on your account before they were given access to the facility.
- If the signatories on your account change, you just need to let us know by completing a change of signatories form. This form, as well as other popular customer forms, can be found within the Manage your accounts page of our website.
- Yes, there are many advantages to receiving your statements online. You can contact our Customer Services team on 0345 140 1000 to register today. If you have already registered then you can log on here.
- Full details of the various ways you can contact us can be found in the Contact us section of this website.
- Managing day to expenses is just one of the benefits of providing ALTO cards to your members or employees. It allows you to carry out day to day activities without the need of having to manage a petty cash or an encashment facility. It can also assist in reducing back office administration by tracking expenses through detailed transactional spend, available online. Within the Other services pages of our website you can learn more about ALTO cards, whether you are an organisation looking for cards for your employees or a credit union looking for a facility for your members.